Monday, March 28, 2011

First Family Vacation


Thats right The Villaneda's are going on our first real vacation, kids and all. My Dad and Darcy have been super generous and made this entire trip possible for us, thank you, what a blessing! We are flying out this Wednesday the 30th on an overnight flight so the children will hopefully sleep. Arriving in Atlanta then driving 6 hours to Florida, spending a week down there then coming home. Oh, ya did I tell you my hubby has to fly back early for a work conference? Yes, that means good Ole mom will be flying on a 4 hour plane ride with a 1 and 2 yr old. Plenty of snacks, coloring books, fully filled sippy cups, and toys will be in my purse....If you would like to join me in prayer for my sanity that would be most welcome! :) 

Have ever flown with two young ones? How was your experience? 




I come back the week of April 11 so hopefully I can get some pictures up then!


2 comments:

  1. Lindsey Skogen (Wegrzyn)March 29, 2011 at 6:21 AM

    We flew to Alaska from GA when Joseph was not yet 2. Snack variety was important, and at one point, we asked the stewardess for an in flight magazine for him to destroy - that gave us a good 30 min of entertainment. We also let him watch downloaded episodes of Sesame Street on our computer until it ran out of battery. Oh how I fell in love with Elmo during that flight! Also our pediatrician gave us dosing instructions for using Benadryl to help him nod off to sleep in flight (didn't work). Honestly, it was still a lot of hard work just to keep things sane but it can be done! Hope you guys enjoy that vacation! I enjoy reading your blog - you little ones are precious and your commitment to serving your family is such a beautiful picture of Biblical womanhood and is no doubt an encouragement to those around you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Thanks for the advice and the kind words!I like the idea about the magazine, funny. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete